JibJab launches sticker and animation apps, Defy Media raises $70 million, and SpaceX plans to launch again in November.
Defy Media Raises $70M
Digital media company Defy Media has raised $70 million in a round led by Wellington Management Co., reports The Hollywood Reporter. The company is behind brands such as Smosh, Clevver, and ScreenJunkies, and plans to use its capital to produce more shows, including higher-quality TV shows.
JibJab Launches Sticker and Animation Apps
Digital entertainment studio JibJab Bros. Studios of Marina del Rey announced a new sticker and animation app, according to a press release. The Gomoji app animates real-life photos and the Slicker Stickers app has more than 500 pieces of content that can be inserted into iMessage on iPhone systems.
SpaceX Plans to Launch Again in November
Space Exploration Technologies Corp.’s President Gwynne Shotwell anticipates launching the company’s Falcon 9 rocket again in November, reports Ars Technica. It was unclear how long the company’s rockets would be grounded after its last rocket inexplicably exploded on the ground.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report March 29: Santa Monica’s DogVacay Purchased by Rival Rover.com
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 13: AeroVironment Antennae Extends Range of Drones
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: Mobile Game Developer Wonder Raises $14 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 29: Proofpoint to Acquire Secure Browser Developer Weblife for $66 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 5: Velocify Acquired for $128 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snapchat Lets Users Add Links to Web Content
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 7: Collectible Sneaker Reseller Goat Raises $25M
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search