Faraday Future signs supply agreement with LG Chem, SpaceX runs down all rocket explosion leads, including sabotage, and WhatsApp pushes Snapchat-like feature.
Faraday Future Signs Supply Agreement with LG Chem
Faraday Future has signed a lithium-ion battery supply agreement with LG Chem, according to the company’s blog post. The partnership represents a commitment between the companies to collaborate on the development of Faraday’s electric vehicle battery technology, which it claims will be the world’s highest energy density for a production automotive battery.
SpaceX Runs Down All Rocket Explosion Leads, Sabotage Included
As part of an effort to run down every lead in its Falcon 9 rocket explosion investigation, Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is reportedly looking into sabotage, possibly by its rival United Launch Alliance, reports the L.A. Business Journal. During its rocket explosion investigation, a SpaceX employee asked for access to the roof of a United Launch Alliance building that was located about a mile away from the exploded rocket in Cape Canaveral, Fla.
WhatsApp Pushes Snapchat-Like Feature
Facebook’s messaging app WhatsApp is launching picture overlay features similar to those found on Snapchat, reports TechCrunch. The move may preempt Snapchat’s international expansion as WhatsApp’s already has a large international user base.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- SpaceX Runs Down All Rocket Explosion Leads, Sabotage Included
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 7: Faraday Future Leases 1 Million-Square-Foot Facility in Central California
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Snapchat Has Lead in Augmented Reality
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 8: Faraday Future Weighs Options
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Snap Inc. Files for $3 Billion IPO; Discloses 158 Million Daily Active Users
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: SpaceX Launch Lights Up L.A. Skies