Hyperloop One planning self-driving vehicles, SpaceX selected for NASA’s earth survey mission, and Riot negotiating $90M deal to stream League of Legends.
Hyperloop One Planning Self-Driving Vehicles
Hyperloop One co-founder Josh Giegel said the company plans to develop on-demand autonomous pods to pick up passengers and deliver them to its hyperloop system, reports Venture Beat. Despite its extra ambitions, the company claims its Nevada prototype will be ready in the first quarter of 2017 for the first full-scale test of a hyperloop system carrying cargo.
SpaceX Selected for NASA’s Earth Survey Mission
NASA has selected SpaceX to launch a satellite into orbit as part of an April 2021 mission to survey all of Earth’s surface water, reports TechCrunch. The aim of the mission is to provide high-resolution measurements of the world’s oceans.
Riot Negotiating $90M Deal to Stream League of Legends
Riot Games is negotiating a two-year, $90 million deal to stream League of Legends video game tournaments over MLB Advanced Media’s Bam Tech platform, according to a source cited by Sports Business Daily. Bam Tech’s roster of clients includes Walt Disney Co., the NHL, WWE, Discovery Communications, HBO, and the PGA Tour.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 3: Uproxx Media Sold to Warner Music
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 9: Walt Disney to Acquire Stake in MLB Streaming Platform for $1B
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 20: SpaceX Gets $97 Million NASA Contract
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: SpaceX to Launch Ninth Resupply Mission
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Battery Pack Manufacturer Romeo Power Raises $30 Million
- SpaceX Dragon Splashes Down
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 29: SpaceX Working on Giant All-Purpose Rocket to Travel Around Earth, to Moon and Mars