The Los Angeles Rams held a groundbreaking Thursday morning for the $2.6 billion Los Angeles Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park.
Rams owner Stan Kroenke, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and Inglewood Mayor James Butts made remarks at the ceremony. The stadium is expected to be completed for the 2019 football season and will host the 2021 Super Bowl.
Kroenke noted that the project will ultimately move 8 million cubic yards of dirt to make way for the stadium and its retail, residential and office components.
You May Also Like
- NFL Awards 2021 Super Bowl LV to Los Angeles
- Sports Titans: Stan Kroenke
- Stadium Kicks Off Promotional Push
- L.A.'s NFL Hopes Turn To Inglewood
- Could L.A. Score 2020 or 2021 Super Bowl?
- Inglewood Real Estate Gets NFL Boost
- Los Angeles Tapped to Host 2023 College Football Championship
- Site Long Seen As NFL Catch