A Caltech bioengineer has become the first woman to win the $1.1 million Millennium Technology Prize for her pioneering work in directed evolution, the Daily News reports. Frances Arnold is a professor of chemical engineering, bioengineering and biochemistry and is the fourth U.S. Citizen to win the prestigious prize.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Caltech Chemistry Professor Awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Nobel Honors Markets Research
- Lithium Battery Builders Juiced Up
- Special Report: THE NEXT BIG THINGS
- GIFT---Super Telescope Could Get Lift From Huge Caltech Gift
- Excellent Adventure in ‘Quantum’ Filmmaking
- Pasadena’s New Profile
- Biotech Company Launched by Caltech Professor Raises $25M