With the threat of a federal antitrust battle looming, Freedom Communications has opted not to move forward with Tribune Publishing’s $56 million offer for the Orange County Register and Riverside Press-Enterprise, choosing instead to accept a $52.3 million deal from Digital First Media, owner of the Los Angeles Daily News, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital First Media Set To Acquire Freedom Communications
- Daily News Owner to Bid for O.C. Register
- Papers’ Buyer May Mean Bad News for Employees
- Justice Opposes Tribune's Bid for Freedom
- Department of Justice Questions Tribune’s Bid For ‘Freedom’
- Tribune Eyes O.C. Register
- Price of Freedom Drops
- Freedom Communications Lays Off 100 Workers