Hainan Airlines has launched a route between the Chinese city of Changsha and Los Angeles, the company's eighth North American route.
The airline will use the Boeing 787 Dreamliner for the new, twice-weekly service operating every Monday and Thursday, which will have a flight duration of approximately 13.5 hours.
“We believe that the new route will further enhance economic, cultural and technological exchanges between the two countries,” Hainan Airlines deputy chairman Mu Weigang said in a press release.
Visit California director Caroline Beteta added in the statement that California is the preferred tourist destination for Chinese tourists traveling to the U.S., noting that the state accounts for as much as 45 percent of total Chinese visitors to the country.
Changsha is the capital of Hunan province in Central China and has a population of more than 7 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Two Airlines Announce New Nonstop International Service from LAX
- LAN Launches International Dreamliner Flights From LAX
- Xiamen Airlines to Bring New China Route to LAX
- American Airlines Will Fly Non-Stop to Buenos Aires from LAX
- First Nonstop Flights From LAX to Africa to Begin Next Month
- United to Add Non-Stop Australia Service from LAX
- Dreamliner Coming to LAX
- United Resumes Dreamliner Flights