The value of the average NBA franchise has nearly doubled in the last two years in the latest valuation released by Forbes.com. BusinessInsider.com said the biggest factor was the $2 billion purchase of the Los Angeles Clippers by former Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer.
While some critics believe Ballmer overpaid for the franchise, it shows that Forbes was underestimating how much people would be willing to pay for NBA franchises.
You May Also Like
- Steve Ballmer
- Ballmer Buying Clippers After Sterling Deemed Mentally Unfit
- Ballmer Meets Sterling Amid Battle Over Clippers
- Ballmer Eyes Clippers
- Clippers Sale Closes
- Shelly Sterling Testifies Donald OK’d Clippers Sale at First
- Shelly Sterling May Have Advantage in Clippers Lawsuit
- Sports Titans: Steve Ballmer