Overnight, a Los Angeles travel booking app startup that connects last minute travelers with local hosts, has raised $2.5 million in a seed funding round. The app, founded by Asher Hunt, Artia Moghbel and Ethan Kravitz, lets travelers pinpoint a neighborhood and set a radius, and then reach out to hosts in that geographic area.
SoCalTech reported Thursday that the company’s funding was led by Accomplice and CrossCut Ventures, and also included Paul Bricault (Greycroft/Amplify) and Elliott Bisnow (Summit Action Fund).
According to co-founder Hunt, it is aimed at spontaneous travelers and hosts, especially millennials, who do not want to be tied to a calendar and aren't interested in dealing with planning their stays ahead of time.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 22: Job-Hunting Advice Network Raises $2.7M
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 15: Fika Ventures Raises $40 Million Seed Fund
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Feb. 26
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: March 11
- Healthcare Messaging Startup MPulse Raises $10 Million
- Meditation App Headspace Raises $34 Million from Celebrity Investors
- Jason Nazar Raises $5.2 Million for Stealth Startup
- Oversee Founder Launches Incubator OnRamp Fund