While the hotly anticipated Universal Studios Hollywood attraction, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, doesn't officially open until April 7, a handful of lucky theme park guests would be getting a sneak peek, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.
Starting today, Universal visitors were to be selected at random to test out the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey signature ride and the Flight of the Hippogriff roller coaster, as well as check out the area’s signature restaurants and shops.
The sampling of the Wizarding World is part of a process known as “technical rehearsals,” according to park spokeswoman Audrey Eig. She said it was common practice in the theme park industry to put rides and attractions through the operational process prior to official opening.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Universal Announces Harry Potter's Opening Date
- Vegan Butterbeer Wanted
- Crowd Conjurer?
- Universal Studios Hollywood Unveils 'Demand Pricing'
- Universal Lifts the Veil on Harry Potter Park
- Gibson Amphitheatre Makes Way for Harry Potter
- Interactive Nintendo Rides Coming to Universal Studios
- Merchandising Magic May Enrich Universal’s Harry Potter Land