The newest enterprise to surface in the burgeoning field of content-focused virtual reality companies is The Rogue Initiative in Los Angeles.
USA Today reported Thursday that the company’s staff consists of experienced players from a Who’s Who of entertainment and gaming companies, including Activision, DreamWorks, Pixar, Disney and Sony. The company also announced it raised an undisclosed amount of seed capital from Bay Area-based Presence Capital and The Virtual Reality Fund.
Rogue Initiative is jumping into an increasingly competitive space as developers look to create experiences that go beyond gaming for devices.
You May Also Like
- A Look Ahead: What’s on the agenda for Los Angeles business in the coming week
- Deals & Dealmakers: Not So Slow for IPO Market
- Imax Launching Virtual Reality Arcades and Camera
- Firms Look to Connect With Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality Scores Points at Video-Game Expo
- Skydance Media Buys Video Game Firm Workshop Entertainment
- Virtual Reality Startup WEVR Raises $25 Million
- Ad Tech Firm Looks to Browser to Click Again