Virtual reality developer Survios raises $50 million, Snapchat introduces group chats, mental health app Stop, Breathe & Think raises $1.3 million, Tinder launches on Apple TV, and more.
Virtual Reality Developer Survios Raises $50 Million
Virtual reality video game producer Survios announced on Tuesday that it has raised $50 million in capital over two rounds this year from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Lux Capital, and other investors, reports the L.A. Business Journal. The Culver City-based firm launched the hit virtual reality game Raw Data in July, which grossed more than $1 million in sales within about a month
Snapchat Introduces Group Chats
Snapchat has launched a group chat feature for up to 16 people, reports TechCrunch. Group chats self-delete after 24 hours by default and snaps sent within a group can be opened only once, and replayed only once, by each member of the group.
Mental Health App Stop, Breathe & Think Raises $1.3M
Mental health app Stop, Breathe & Think has raised $1.3 million in a seed round led by LaunchPad Digital Health, according to a press release. The app promotes emotional wellness with customized content and activities based on user emotions.
Tinder Launches on Apple TV
Tinder has launched a version of its app on Apple TV so as to let friends weigh in on potential dates, reports Venture Beat. Users can click on the Apple remote’s trackpad to view more details about a profile and swipe left or right to show interest.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 21: Tinder Launches Group Activity Feature
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Oct. 30
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 21: Faraday Future’s Main Backer Receives $1B to Pursue Electric Cars
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 13: Hyperloop One Raises $50 Million
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 11
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 20: TX Zhuo and Eva Ho Raising $50M for Fika Ventures
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions