Emcore Corp. shares rise more than 30 percent, SpaceX delays Falcon 9 launch until early January, Barstool Sports signs deal with Sirius for daily satellite radio show, and more.
Emcore Corp. Shares Rise More Than 30 Percent
Emcore Corp. shares soared by more than 30 percent on Wednesday to close at $8.45 after posting stronger-than-expected revenue totals for the quarter ended Sept. 30, the Business Journal reports. The Alhambra manufacturer of fiber optics communications components generated $25.6 million in the quarter, topping an average forecast of $24.4 million by four analysts surveyed by Zacks.
SpaceX Delays Falcon 9 Launch Until Early January
Space Explorations Technology Corp. announced that it has delayed its proposed Dec. 16 launch of 10 small satellites into orbit for Iridium Communications until early January, reports the Verge. The company said in a statement that it is working to complete its investigation of a Sept. 1 Falcon 9 explosion before it attempts to relaunch.
Barstool Sports Signs Deal with Sirius for Daily Satellite Radio Show
Raunchy men’s lifestyle website Barstool Sports has signed a deal with Sirius Satellite Radio to produce a national daily satellite radio show, reports the Hollywood Reporter. The website’s bloggers will discuss the latest sports and entertainment news every weekday for two hours.
Virgin Galactic's New SpaceShipTwo Completes First Glide Test
Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo completed its first test glide after being hauled up to 50,000 feet and dropped, reports Popular Mechanics. The glide lasted about 10 minutes and the spacecraft reached 460 miles per hour.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 15: Sheryl Sandberg, Jack Dorsey Won’t Seek Re-Election to Disney Board
- Explosion, Crash Shake Up Firms’ Race to Stars
- Looking Up
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 8: Facebook Willing to Spend Up to $1 Billion on Content
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snapchat Lets Users Add Links to Web Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 9: GM’s Self-Driving Unit Acquires Pasadena Tech Company
- Silicon Beach Report June 2: Upfront Ventures Raising Two Funds Totaling $500 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 7: Faraday Future Leases 1 Million-Square-Foot Facility in Central California