SpaceX aims to resume flights on Dec. 16, Breitbart hits back against boycotting advertisers, and 21st Century Fox invests in augmented and virtual reality glasses company.
SpaceX Aims to Resume Flights on Dec. 16
Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is eyeing a return to flight with a rocket launch on Dec. 16, reports The Verge. The launch is still awaiting Federal Aviation Administration approval, would take place at Vandenberg Air Force Base, and would carry 10 small Iridium Communications satellites into orbit.
Breitbart Hits Back Against Boycotting Advertisers
After a number of brands have announced that they would not advertise on far-right wing website Breitbart.com, the company has attacked one of the boycotters, Kellogg Co., asking consumers to #DumpKelloggs, Variety reports. Breitbart has been accused of pushing a poisonous stream of racist, sexist, anti-gay, and xenophobic material, content that Kellogg Co. said wasn’t “aligned with our values as a company.”
21st Century Fox Invests in Augmented & Virtual Reality Glasses Company
As part of a $58 million Series A round, 21st Century Fox has invested in augmented and virtual reality glasses manufacturer Osterhout Design Group of San Francisco, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Osterhout Design intends to use the funding to accelerate its production capabilities and complete new products for introduction next month at CES.
You May Also Like
- Breitbart News Fights Back after Advertisers Flee
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 27: Snapchat Launches Augmented Reality Product Placement
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 21: Steve Bannon Returns to Brentwood’s Breitbart News
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 13: Dreamscape Immersive Raises $11M for Virtual Reality Attractions
- Breitbart Ad Revenue Drops More Than 90 Percent
- Steve Bannon Returns to Brentwood’s Breitbart News
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 1: Virgin Orbit Launches Subsidiary Vox Space
- Silicon Beach Report May 19: Snap Executive Promotes Brand Engagement, Despite Slow User Growth