Nicolas Berggruen, an investor and art collector who heads the Berggruen Institute in Los Angeles, is joining a new wave of philanthropists who are reshaping a landscape previously dominated by Bill Gates and George Soros, the New York Times reports. The Berggruen Institute, which has made efforts to reform the California budget, will award an annual $1 million prize in philosophy beginning this year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Berggruen Institute Adds Cultural Focus, $1 Million Annual Prize
- Institute to Add Cultural Center, $1 Million Prize
- Putting Money Into Ideas
- 38. Nicolas Berggruen
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 40, Nicholas Berggruen
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 36. NICOLAS BERGGRUEN
- Nicolas Berggruen Purchases Former Edith Mayer Goetz Estate in Holmby Hills for $40 Million
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: 27. Nicolas Berggruen