L.A. media mogul Peter Chernin has decided to step down from board of Twitter.
The San Francisco social media firm disclosed the news in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Friday. Chernin will remain in his post until the conclusion of Twitter’s annual stockholders meeting in May.
The move is reportedly tied to Twitter’s efforts to diversify its board following criticism concerning its predominantly white male makeup.
Neither Twitter nor Chernin could be reached for comment, but Chernin tweeted the following on Friday morning: “Privileged to have served on Twitter board for 3+ years. Respect and support for (chief executive Jack Dorsey). Friendships and Twitter success will continue.”
Chernin serves as chairman of Santa Monica’s Chernin Entertainment and Chernin Group.
You May Also Like
- Peter Chernin
- Chernin Signs TV Deal with NBCUniversal
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Jan 8
- Chernin Group Invests in Raunchy Barstool Sports
- LA 500: Peter Chernin
- Demand Media Sells Creativebug for $10 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 12: California Facing Competition for Video Game Industry
- Chernin Group Acquires Sports Fantasy, Gambling Businesses