The Dow Jones industrial average rose 126 points in Monday trading to close at 16,510.
The S&P 500 rose nine points to 1,967.
The Nasdaq rose two points to 4,829.
The LABJ Stock Index was flat at 224.
Gainers and Losers
Among local stocks trading above $1, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Inc., a developer of drugs to treat lactose intolerance, was the biggest local gainer. Shares of the company rose 19 percent on the day, closing at $2.99. It was also the biggest gainer on Friday.
Monday’s biggest loser was Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank. Shares fell 34 percent on the day, closing at $1.37.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Climbs, Marathon Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Climbs, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Point.360 Soars, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Soars, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Rise