The Dow Jones industrial average rose 217 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,142.
The S&P 500 rose 30 points to 2,024.
The Nasdaq rose 87 points to 4,870.
The LABJ Stock Index rose five points to 231.
Gainers and Losers
For the second consecutive day, visual prosthetic-maker Second Sight Medical Products Inc. was the biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Its shares rose 20 percent on the day, closing at $8.07.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Qualstar Corp. Shares fell 9 percent on the day, closing at $1.12.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; U.S. Auto Parts Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Falls
- Stocks Fall; Qualstar Rises, Spark Networks Fizzles
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Qualstar Dives
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Second Sight Medical Products, Entravision Communications Among Week’s Movers
- Stocks Rise; Skechers Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Qualstar Climbs, Broadway Slips