Los Angeles Times owner Tribune Publishing told employees Monday morning it is not having any discussions to sell the company, the Chicago Tribune reports. Over the weekend, Politico Media reported that New York’s Apollo Global Management wants to buy Tribune Publishing and sell the Los Angeles Times to billionaire Eli Broad. Tribune, however, has been “non responsive.” This all started Friday afternoon with a tweet from Rupert Murdoch saying a Wall Street firm was to buy Tribune and sell the Times to a group including Broad.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Bad Feelings at the Times
- ‘No Deal in Works’ for Times, Broad Says
- Murdoch: Eli Broad Group to Get L.A. Times
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- L.A. Schools See Steep Increase in Filming Revenue
- Edison Execs Sell Stock After Proposed Rate Deal
- Tribune Denies Sale, But Is One Still Possible?
- Casino Bus Boom Creates Challenge for Regulators