There are already predictions that “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” a Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm production which is directed by J.J. Abrams, could have the biggest domestic opening in history when it is released nationwide Dec. 18, the Hollywood Reporter says.
Some box-office pundits expect it to open in the $185 million to $220 million range, or possibly as high as nearly $300 million.
However, Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said it is hard to predict what the film will do because there are “a number of things that put this film in uncharted territory.”
You May Also Like
- ‘Star Wars’ Premiere Shrouded in Secrecy
- Advance Tickets for ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Star Wars’ Sequel’s Hype Force to Be Reckoned With
- Star Wars Awakens Box Office, Blasts Records
- ‘Star Wars’ Sells $50 Million in Advance
- Out of This World Premiere
- ‘The Force’ Crashes Ticket Sites?
- Disney Plans Worldwide, 18-Hour Star Wars Toy Rollout