Santa Monica’s Ring, a company that manufactures a doorbell with a video camera linked to an app, has inked a deal with Wisconsin’s American Family Insurance to give customers a discount.
American Family Insurance customers will receive a $30 discount on Ring’s doorbell which retails for $199. Their insurance deductible will also be covered by Ring if their houses are burglarized.
“At Ring, it’s our mission to reduce crime in communities,” Ring Chief Executive Jamie Siminoff said in a statement. “This partnership with American Family Insurance is solidifying our belief in that mission. We are confident that Ring deters intruders which is why we’re refunding the deductible if a burglary takes place at the home of an American Family customer.”
The insurance company will also offer discounts to customers who install Ring's smart doorbell which allows homeowners to answer their doors using their smartphones if they are not at home.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Nov. 20
- Smart Doorbell Startup Ring Receives $28 Million Round
- Eyeing IPO, Ring Raises $61 Million
- Branson Backs Santa Monica Company
- Ringer Makes D Series Noise
- Investors Come Knocking for Stake in Doorbell
- Doorbot Knocks Out Ring Rebranding
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: Aug. 21