Santa Monica’s Activision Blizzard Inc. has agreed to purchase King Digital Entertainment, the creator of "Candy Crush Saga," for $5.9 billion, Reuters reports. Activision is known for console games such as “Call of Duty” and “World of Warcraft,” and the move could strengthen Activision’s mobile games portfolio.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Activision’s Stock Surges on Acquisition
- Activision Closes Big Acquisition of King Digital
- Activision Blizzard to Buy Candy Crush Maker King Digital
- Why Video-Game Giant Getting Into Mobile Market
- Activision Blizzard Launches Film Studio
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 58. ROBERT KOTICK
- Publisher Makes Play for E-Sports
- Activision Under Siege