The state’s death row is facing a housing shortage, leading Gov. Jerry Brown to make an appeal to the state legislature for $3.2 million to fund nearly 100 more cells at San Quentin, the Los Angeles Times reports. The lack of executions in the past decade has helped exacerbate the problem.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Brown, Legislators Reach Deal on Bullet Train Funds
- House Approves California Drought Bill That is Unlikely to Pass Senate
- Recovery Coming to an End?
- Nurses to Ask State Regulators for More Ebola Protection
- Gov. Brown Collects Millions for Pet Ballot Measures
- Lawmakers to Offer $1 Billion Drought Relief Bill
- Taking Aim at Oil
- No Easy Sell