Downtown L.A.’s City National Bank on Wednesday released its second-quarter Economy and Jobs Report, which showed California is off to a strong start in 2015.
While the national economy contracted by 0.2 percent in the first quarter, hurt by international developments and by a brutal winter on the East Coast, California’s economy expanded by 0.7 percent. The report found broad-based employment gains across almost all sectors, with only mining and farming showing losses.
City National produces the report in conjunction with Beacon Economics, an economic research firm near LAX.
On Record Day, Disney Boosts Dividend
On the day Walt Disney Co.’s share price reached a new high, the company announced it will raise its dividend 15 percent to 66 cents a share.
The Burbank entertainment empire announced Wednesday it will also begin paying investors twice a year instead of once. The new dividend will be paid on July 29 to shareholders of record on July 6.
Also on Wednesday, Disney’s share price hit a new all-time high of $114.56 in midday trading, though shares closed at $113.77.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Disney Ups Dividend
- Biz Briefs: News About Area Companies
- Earnings Roundup: City National, Skechers and Reliance Steel Perform Well
- City National Bank Parent Reports Profit Decline
- Amgen to Start Paying Dividends
- Record Earnings for East West Bancorp
- Upbeat Earnings Report Boosts Bank Stocks
- Mattel Rises on Steep Profit Increase