The Dow Jones industrial average rose 113 points in Friday trading to close at 17,904.
The S&P 500 rose 12 points to 2,096.
The Nasdaq rose 26 points to 5,056.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 232.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Electro Rent Corp., a provider of electronic measuring and testing equipment. The Van Nuys company’s shares rose 8 percent on the day, closing at $11.40. The company was named Monday as the sole provider of French firm ART-Fi’s measurement systems in the United States and Canada.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was West L.A. brokerage and financial services firm B. Riley Financial Inc. Shares fell 5 percent on the day, closing at $9.51.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; ReachLocal Rises, Trio Tech Stalls
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Fall; B. Riley Rises, Rentech Slumps
- Stocks Continue to Rise
- Stocks Rise; Smart & Final Soars, Broadway Financial Falls
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Rise; RadNet Soars, TrueCar Brakes
- Stocks Rise; Kythera Soars, Lion Loses