Investments in start-ups in the Los Angeles area grew to $2 billion last year, up 25 percent, according to a report by researcher CB Insights and venture capital firm Upfront Ventures. Los Angeles is second only to Silicon Valley in terms of deals being made, said one venture capitalist, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Venture Capitalists Speak Reform
- Plan Outlined to Boost Silicon Beach Tech Scene
- Big Companies Pitch Projects to Tech Startups at UCLA Event
- Fest Highlights L.A.'s Tech Scene
- Former Tesla Workers Starting Anew
- UC Launches $250 Million Fund
- CBS Hopes Viewers Are Ready for Some Football and Drama
- Eat Club Coming