HelloTech has raised $2.5 million in seed funding to create an on-demand network of IT technicians to help consumers with their electronics problems.
The Amplify LA-incubated startup plans to launch its home services, which include troubleshooting, installation and repairs, in Los Angeles this spring. Richard Wolpert, Amplify’s managing director and an Accel Partners adviser, told PandoDaily that he founded HelloTech to fill the void left behind now defunct tech stores.
“Circuit City is gone, CompUSA, gone, Radio Shack, about to go bankrupt … If you’re middle-aged and you want a Nest, a Roku, a Sonos, who do you turn to?” he said. “We are going to solve that problem.”
Investors include Accel, Amplify, Upfront Ventures, Crosscut Ventures and angels.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- FloQast Raises $1.3 Million
- Dealflicks Premieres with $1.7 Million Seed
- L.A. Launch List: Oct. 3
- Dotstudioz Launches Digital Distribution Platform
- Kixer Kicks Off with $1 Million Seed
- Fuisz Media Raises $2.1 Million Seed Round
- Privlo Raises $3.8 Million Seed, $350 Million Debt Financing
- L.A. Launch List: Oct. 24