The Dow Jones industrial average fell 115 points in Monday trading to close at 16,528.
The S&P 500 fell 17 points to 1,972.
The Nasdaq fell 52 points to 4,777.
The LABJ Stock Index fell three points to 221.
Gainers and Losers
Among stocks trading above $1, Crown Media Holdings Inc. was Monday’s biggest local gainer. Shares of the Studio City company, which owns the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, rose 20 percent on the day, closing at $5.35.
Monday’s biggest loser was billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. Shares of the company fell 8 percent on the day, closing at $17.07. NantKwest, which went public late last month, was also the biggest loser in the LABJ index for the month of August, falling 44 percent.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; TrueCar Soars, NantKwest Sinks
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Motorcar Parts of America Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Rebound; Demand Media Climbs, NantKwest Sinks