After hours of testimony on whether ridesharing companies should be held to the same screening standards as taxi drivers, a committee of the Los Angeles City Council narrowly voted, 3-2, to support a policy with conditions that would allow Uber and Lyft to pick up passengers at Los Angeles International airport, the Los Angeles Business Journal reports. The full City Council is expected to vote next later this summer.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Council Committee Upholds Airport Decision to Allow Uber, Lyft to Pick Up LAX Passengers
- Rideshare Drivers, Taxi Backers Line Up at City Hall
- City Council Puts Brakes on Allowing Uber, Lyft at LAX
- Picking Up Pace on Ridesharing
- L.A. Council Clears Way for Uber, Lyft at LAX
- Ridesharing Vote Puts Taxi Drivers on Hot Seat
- Uber, Lyft Ready for LAX Takeoff?
- Uber Drivers in Hot Water