Fueling the ongoing debate about illegal immigration in California, Huntington Park has become the first city in the state to appoint two undocumented immigrants as commissioners on city advisory boards, CBS Los Angeles reports. The appointments made by City Councilman Jhonny Pineda, who is himself an immigrant, were met with protests with some arguing it sends the wrong message.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ‘Illegal’ Wordplay Only Means Bad Policy
- Candidates Square Off in Final Debate Before L.A. Mayoral Primary
- Carl’s Jr. Moving HQ From SoCal
- California May Grant Driver's Licenses to Young Illegal Immigrants
- Mixed Message?
- Santa Monica Considers Fining Fitness Instructors Using Parks
- Business Strategically Silent on Immigration
- Senate Set to Hike Employer Fines