President Obama will unveil a new proposal taking an even tougher stance against greenhouse gases, pushing regulations that would require power plants to, among other mandates, cut carbon emissions by 32 percent, instead of 30 percent, from 2005 levels by 2030, KPCC reports. But some Republicans argue such tough standards would be too costly for states to comply with especially given the timeframe.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Board May Slash Zero-Emission Rule
- Opposition to State’s Greenhouse Gas Law Expands
- State Appeals Court Upholds Cap-and-Trade Program to Reduce Carbon Emissions
- California Ahead of the Game
- State May Face Hole on Oil
- Same Rules for Everyone
- Blowing Hot Air
- Greenhouse Gas Bill Noxious to Business