The Special Olympics World Games wrapped in grand style over the weekend as thousands, including 6,500 athletes, converged on the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to celebrate the end of this year’s competition, the Los Angeles Times reports. The games welcomed competitors from 165 countries, making it the largest such gathering of nations in Los Angeles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- …Upgrading for the Olympics
- Medal Event Shows Mettle
- Missing Athlete Found
- Louis Zamperini, 97, Named Rose Parade Grand Marshal
- L.A. the Olympian?
- LA 2024 Olympic Bid Committee Proposes Ceremonies at Coliseum and Inglewood’s NFL Stadium
- Rose Parade Float to Petal Olympics Bid
- Producer Stands on Ceremonies