Santa Monica-based Macerich Co. has thumbed its nose at Simon Property Group Inc.’s “best and final” takeover bid of $16.8 million, so now Simon has withdrawn the offer to purchase its rival, the Wall Street Journal reports. Macerich said Simon has undervalued the company. Both are retail mall operators.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Simon Property Presents Final Offer
- Macerich Rejects Simon Property’s Offer
- Pushed by Activists, Macerich Adds Independent Directors
- Macerich Pressured to Reconsider Simon Bid
- Latest Offer for Mall Operator Proves Tough Sell
- Macerich CEO Retiring
- Simon Property Bids $16 Billion for Macerich
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet