The California Chamber of Commerce is pressuring Gov. Jerry Brown not to sign two “job killer” bills currently on his desk, the Sacramento Bee reports. One measure would prohibit contracts that require someone to waive his or her right to pursue a civil action for a civil rights claim, and the other would hold businesses liable when subcontractors violate wage, workplace safety or workers’ compensation rules.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- State Lawmakers Reach Deal on Minimum Wage
- Gov. Brown Vetoes Franchise Bill
- Brown Declares Victory for Prop. 30
- Brown Heralds California 'Comeback' But Urges Caution
- Computer Problems Delay Unemployment Checks
- Brown Vetoes Affordable Housing Bill
- Former Regional Water District Manager Fined Over Gifts
- California Public Health Chief to Step Down