In California last year, more than 1,000 people fought denials made by insurers that claimed doctor-recommended procedures were not “medically necessary,” and about half of the denials were overturned, the Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Doctors File ‘Denial of Coverage’ Lawsuit Against Aetna
- HMO---Making Medical History
- WHO'S WHO---Local Forces Playing Key Roles in Patient Rights Issue
- Jane Bryant Quinn --- Aetna Deal May Not Cure All the Ills Troubling HMOs
- State Pushes for Workers' Comp Tweaks
- Coalition Asserts Big Damage Award Will Lift Insurance Costs
- Valley Doc to Be Sentenced in Medicare Fraud
- PROVIDERS---Gains by Doctors, Hospitals Add to Escalating Costs