The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest public companies fell for the week. The weighted LABJ index fell 1 percent to close at 194. Gainers outpaced losers by 83 to 68, with 10 companies unchanged.
Among the stocks that trade above a dollar, West L.A. biopharmaceutical firm CytRx Corp. was one of the week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 15 percent to close $2.76 after the company announced it had commenced operations at a new discovery laboratory in Freiburg, Germany.
MannKind Corp. also had a strong week. Shares of the Valencia biotech rose 14 percent to close at $5.69 on Friday.
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp., a Camarillo supplier of integrated circuits for the communications industry was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares fell 13 percent to close the week at $2.84.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Kite Pharma, CytRx Among Week’s Big Movers
- Tetra Tech, Big 5 Among This Week’s Movers
- The Week’s Biggest Movers
- Amgen, Vitesse Among Week’s Big Movers
- U.S. Auto Parts Network Inc., Stamps.com Among Week’s Big Movers
- American Apparel, IPC, CytRx Among Week’s Big Movers
- Qualstar, Broadway Financial Among This Week’s Movers