Covered California awarded $184 million in contracts without competitive bidding and oversight, and some were given to people who had previous professional ties to Peter Lee, the agency’s executive director, the Associated Press reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Dodgers Trading Matt Kemp to Padres, Sources Say
- Season’s Phones Compete to Take the Best Selfie
- Audit Accuses L.A. Technology Agency of Skirting Contract Rules
- Feeling the Heat
- Northrop: Boeing Given 'Unfair' Edge in Tanker Deal
- Ex-LAX Official Says Pacts Were Driven by Politics
- Another Effort for Oil Extraction Tax Planned
- Ron Sugar: Tanker Deal Should Stand