Vice President Joe Biden voiced his support on Tuesday for Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s plan to raise the minimum wage to $13.25 by 2017, the Los Angeles Times reports. At a roundtable discussion at a bakery in Lincoln Heights, Biden called the measure a building block for a stronger economy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Valley Business Group Delays Minimum Wage Vote
- L.A. Business Groups Brace for Another Legislative Defeat
- Garcetti Plans to Raise Minimum Wage to $13.50
- Political Gridlock: Biden Motorcade Expected to Snarl Traffic Again Today
- Higher Minimum Wage for Hotel Workers?
- Santa Monica, West Hollywood to Consider Wage Hikes
- Garcetti Prepares for Another Run
- Energy Cuts Will Create Jobs, Garcetti Says