There are an estimated 4,600 miles of crumbling and deteriorating sidewalks throughout Los Angeles, which is why the City Council on Wednesday approved a $27 million program to fix sidewalks at city facilities, the Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Recommended Sales Tax Hike Would Pay for Street Repairs
- Fixing Sidewalks Now Property Owners’ Responsibility
- Have Money? City Will Fix Your Sidewalks in New Program
- L.A. City Council Approves Sidewalk Repair Plan
- L.A. Backtracks on Automatic Raises for General Managers
- City Panel Created to Boost Jobs
- Earthquake Retrofit Bill Advances
- City Council Backs Foreclosure Fee Proposal