Malibu toymaker Jakks Pacific Inc. announced on Tuesday that it has formed a joint venture with Meisheng Culture and Creative Corp. to bring its products to China.
The partnership with the Chinese entertainment and cultural production industry group will create a Jakks subsidiary in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone that is expected to sell, distribute and market Jakks toys.
“The Chinese consumer market represents a wealth of untapped potential and we are excited by the countless new opportunities that will present themselves with this ground-breaking partnership, including new opportunities for our licensing partners to expand their brands in this market,” Stephen Berman, Jakks’ chief executive, said in a statement.
Shares of Jakks rose 13 cents, about 2 percent, in Tuesday trading to close at $6.69.
You May Also Like
- Jakks Announces $19 Million Stock Sale to Meisheng Culture Company
- Santa Monica Toy Maker Jakks Receives Takeover Offer from HK Company
- THQ to Expand Business in Asia
- News of the Week
- Market in Play
- Saban, Jakks to Launch Web Series
- Soon-Shiong Adds to Stake in Jakks
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific Renews Disney Deal