When Yahoo! picked up the sixth season of NBC’s “Community” after the fan favorite was canceled, shows made for the small screen saw how new life could be had on even more compact mobile displays.
Well, now it seems the road from TV to online can go the other way.
MiTu, the Latino-oriented multichannel network based in Culver City, is adapting two of its online series for television through a partnership with Spanish-language TV channel Discovery Familia.
The cross-platform programming deal will create long format versions of MiTu series “Casa Linda” and “Gurus de Belleza.” Both shows were originally produced in-house for the MCN’s YouTube channel MiTu Life.
Episodes made for TV will air weekly on Discovery Familia, which is geared toward lifestyle programming for women. New short digital episodes will continue to air on MiTu Life.
“MiTú has become an amazing breeding ground and destination for discovering and developing new Latino talent and programming formats,” said Beatriz Acevedo, president and co-founder of MiTu, in a statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MiTu Captures $15 Million Series B Round
- Fullscreen Plans Premium Paid Programming
- Maker Studios Says MiTu to Spanish-Language Market
- MiTu Taps Tech Executives for Senior Positions
- Fullscreen Acquires Rooster Teeth
- Disney Sets Aside $198 Million for Maker Studios
- Fullscreen Sells Majority Stake to AT&T/Chernin Group
- Big Frame Adds Talent