In California’s statewide races, Gov. Jerry Brown won reelection to a historic fourth term in a landslide, Democrat Alex Padilla was elected Secretary of State, Democrat Betty Yee was elected California controller, and incumbent Tom Torlakson declared victory in the closely contested race for state superintendent of public instruction, the Sacramento Bee reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Secretary of State Candidates Debate
- Democrats Gain in State Races
- Newsom Supports Statewide Wage Hike
- Budget Critics Turn Up Pressure on Lawmakers
- Oversight of Alcohol Businesses Weakened
- Yes Vote to Vaccinations
- California Public Health Chief to Step Down
- Assembly Votes Against Aliso Canyon Relief Bill