West L.A. online movie ticketing firm Fandango has made deals with three new theater chains, adding 1,000 screens to its ticketing service, the company announced Thursday.
Fandango will begin selling tickets for Harkins Theatres of Scottsdale, Ariz., the largest independently owned theater chain in the country. It will also do ticketing for Digiplex Destinations of Westfield N.J. and Premiere Cinemas of Big Spring, Texas.
The deals mean that Fandango, a unit of NBCUniversal, will be powering online and mobile ticketing for 24,000 screens around the country.
The latest deal follows Fandango’s acquisition last month of MovieClips – 25 YouTube channels of film clips and trailers – from tech firm Zefr of Venice.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Say '21' and Get Film Showtimes
- Ticket Vendor Expands View
- Fandango Takes Blockbusters to Bank
- News of the Week
- Fandango to Acquire MovieTickets.com
- Fandango Taking on Moviefone In Battle of Online Ticket Sellers
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 24: Fandango Signs South American Ticketing Deal
- MOVIES --- Theater Chains Hope Joint Web Site Will Be Jolt to Ticket Sales