A California appellate court has upheld a finding that a verdict against Dole Food over pesticide use in Nicaragua was the product of a conspiracy by corrupt plaintiffs’ lawyers, Bloomberg Businessweek reports, citing the case as one example of big problems with attorneys fighting corporations for the little guy.
You May Also Like
- Dole Hopes to Undo $2 Billion Awards
- The Big Slip-Up
- Judge Won't Enforce $97 Million Verdict Against Dole
- ‘Bananas’ Lawyer Regaining Appeal?
- Suits Could Take a Toll on Dole
- Dole Proposes New Settlements
- Judge Refers Lawyer for Prosecution in Dole Fraud
- Dole Drops Lawsuit Against ‘Bananas!’ Filmmaker