Mayor Eric Garcetti said today he had launched a global search to fill the executive director position at the Port of Los Angeles.
“We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic leader with a strong track record of success – a true collaborator and visionary who can lead the port’s growth and international trade efforts in the years ahead,” Garcetti said in a statement.
Executive recruitment firm Ralph Andersen & Associates of Rocklin has been retained to recruit and screen prospective candidates. The Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners has established an ad hoc search committee to oversee the process.
Gary Lee Moore, former general manager at Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering, has served as interim executive director at the port since the departure of Geraldine Knatz as executive director in November.
Applications and nominations are being accepted through April 14.
You May Also Like
- Port of L.A. Director Announces Departure
- Gene Seroka
- L.A. Mayor Seeks Cooperation with Long Beach on Port Issues
- Mayor Eric Garcetti Appoints Two Deputy Mayors to Oversee Economic Agenda
- Garcetti Names New Economic Development Deputy
- Garcetti Names Deputy for Economic Development
- Eric Garcetti Taking L.A. 'Back to Basics'
- Airport Exec Lindsey to Retire