Washio, a home delivery laundry and dry cleaning service, has received $10.5 million Series A round led by Menlo Park venture capital firm Canaan Partners.
The Santa Monica company raised more than $2 million in seed funding in January from investors including Sherpa Ventures, Pejman Mar Ventures, Ashton Kutcher’s A Grade Investments and Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, according to the New York Times.
Washio currently operates in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington. The company’s co-founder and chief executive, Jordan Metzner, told the Times that the cash influx will help the company expand to New York by the end of the year. Residents of Boston, Chicago and Miami could soon be able to use the smartphone app too.
Washio also launched an enterprise version of its service in L.A. and San Francisco.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Santa Monica Ad-Placing Company Seals Deal
- Washio Folds Operations After Being Unable to Find Buyer
- App-Based, On-Demand Laundry Service Folds
- Laundry-as-Service Firm Adds Investors to Fold
- West Hollywood Vacation Rental Outfit Raises $5 Million
- Cargomatic Raises $35 Million Series B Round
- Regional Report
- Flower Vendor Hits Pay Dirt in C Round