The Metropolitan Transportation Authority board awarded a $1.6 billion contract for the first phase of a project to extend the Purple Line westward to a Skanska USA-led group despite a lower bid, the Los Angeles Times reported.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tutor Perini Awarded Contract for Wilshire Subway Extension; Gold Line Extension Completion Pushed Back
- Contractor Will Ride Rail With $1.4 Billion Deal
- Shrinking Ridership for Metro
- Mounting Complications for DTLA Subway Link
- Contractor Recommended for Purple Line Extension
- Metro to Pay Additional $300M for 405 Widening
- Mike Aparicio
- Purple Line Must Be on Fast Track