Rupert Murdoch’s Twenty-First Century Fox made an $80 billion takeover bid for Time Warner and although it was rebuffed the bold approach could put Time Warner in play and ignite a new spate of mega-mergers among big entertainment companies, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tobacco Firms to Merge
- Banking for Low-Income Depositors
- Lions Gate Fined for Actions Against Icahn
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- T-Mobile and Sprint Zeroing In on a $32 Billion Merger
- Gannett to Spin Off Print Operations
- Justice Department Seeks Mortgage Deal with BofA
- Apple Poised to Buy Beats for $3.2 Billion