Live Nation Entertainment Inc. continues to expand in Asia, signing a joint venture agreement with B'In Music International to form Live Nation Taiwan.
The Beverly Hills concert and artist promoter said late Thursday that the joint venture will be based in Taipei and led by Ngiam Kwang Hwa, a 20-year industry veteran who has promoted concerts by such artists as Mayday, G-Dragon, Jennifer Lopez and Chicago. Live Nation Taiwan’s first collaboration will be a North American and European tour by Mayday, a Taiwan rock band.
"Taiwan is one of the strongest economies in Asia and its proximity to the established touring markets of Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong make it an ideal stop on any Asian tour," Alan Ridgeway, Live Nation president of international and emerging markets, said in a statement.
Live Nation now operates in 10 Asian countries, with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Singapore.
Shares on Friday closed up 15 cents, or 1 percent, to $20.85 on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Live Nation in Singapore Joint Venture
- Deal Gives Live Nation Foothold in Philippines
- Disney, UMG Team up to Bring 'Hannah Montana' to Asia
- Live Nation Expands Reach to Indonesia
- News of the Week
- DreamWorks to Launch TV Channels in 19 Asian Countries
- Live Nation Partners to Grow Asian Sponsorships