The Disney/ABC Television Group announced on Thursday an agreement to stream the final season of its “Star Wars” animated series on Netflix Inc.
This is the third exclusive deal between entertainment and media giant Walt Disney Co., in Burbank, and Netflix, of Los Gatos.
“Star Wars: Clone Wars” represents the first time “Star Wars” related content has been made available to Netflix streaming members. The final season of 13 episodes, dubbed “The Lost Missions,” can be viewed by Netflix subscribers starting March 7. The series aired for five seasons on the Cartoon Network.
Disney and Netflix have an exclusive deal for multiple original series based on Marvel characters that will air starting in 2015. And the next year the online subscription television service will air first-run, live-action and animated movies from Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm.
Shares in Disney closed down 1 cent to $77.90 on the New York Stock Exchange.
You May Also Like
- Disney, Netflix Sign Distribution Deal
- Strong Quarter at Disney
- Disney Deal to Spur Sibling Rivalries
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Snap’s Unusual Structure Led to Breakthroughs, But Also Problems
- ABC Bets on Marvel Heroes for New Season
- Marvel to Take Over 'Star Wars' Comics from Dark Horse
- Disney Makes Superhero Deal With Netflix
- Disney, Netflix Announce Canadian Deal